- This promotion is open to Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland bona fide second year students from participating catering colleges, training centres and institutes of technology aged 18 or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. Students must be entered by their lecturer.
- The opening date for entries is 00:01 GMT on 29/01/2020 and the closing date for receipt of entries is 18:00 GMT on 25th February 2020. All entries must be received by the closing date. Any entries submitted after the closing date will not be entered.
- Entry must be recommended and made by lecturer or the head of catering college or institution with the student’s agreement and permission to submit the details required to enter the competition. Direct applications from students will not be accepted.
- Only one student per campus can represent their college at the Knorr® Professional Student Chef of the Year final.
- To enter, lecturers or the head of the catering college or institution must submit the form on pages 8 and 9 of the Knorr® Professional Student Chef of the Year 2020 Booklet via email to email@example.com or by post to:
- KNORR Student Chef of the Year, C/O H+A Marketing + PR, Emmet House Barrack Square, Ballincollig, Co.Cork
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any postal, network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- By participating in this promotion, you and the student agree to release, discharge and hold us harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from participation in this promotion (save that nothing shall limit our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
- The selected entrant from each participating college or institution will be offered the opportunity to compete in the final competition. The entrant must be available to travel and compete in the final competition taking place at TU Dublin, Tallaght, D24FKT9 on Tuesday, 10th March 2020. Travel to and from the final competition and accommodation for the final competition will not be provided by the Promotor.
- The finalists will be notified by email/telephone within 14 days of the closing date of the competition. The finalists must confirm their attendance at the Knorr® Professional Student Chef of the Year 2020 final by responding to the email within 7 days of the notification. If the finalist does not respond within this time, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the place in the final to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
- The Promotor reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion.
- Gold; The winner of the Knorr® Professional Student Chef of the Year will win a set of professional knives and will have the opportunity to experience a sustainable restaurant first hand. From foraging to waste to the flavours that can be created by thinking in a more sustainable way. Silver; The finalist in second place will win a set of professional knives. Bronze; The finalist in third place will win a set of starter knives.
- If, due to circumstances beyond its control, a prize becomes unavailable the Promotor reserves the right to substitute a prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and will only be awarded to the winner and runners-up. The Promotor reserves the right to change prize details without notice and all prizes, including travel dates, are subject to availability. No cash alternative will be awarded in lieu of stated prize(s).
- Where a prize is to be provided by a third party, the Promotor accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the supply or non-supply or purported supply or delay in supply of the prize, including without limitation, the failure of the winner to receive ownership of or use the prize. Where appropriate, prize winners are required to complete all applicable booking and/or other formalities directly with the specified third party provider(s).
- At the Knorr® Professional Student Chef of the Year 2020 final the student finalists will be required to produce two dishes based on the 2020 Vision – the Future of Food theme finalists must use Knorr® Professional Bouillon and two ingredients from the Knorr® Professional Future 50 foods in their dishes prepared during the final competition. All ingredients required for the final dish will be supplied by the Promoter.
- This year’s competition will focus on more plant based and plant forward menus, the competitors will have the opportunity to showcase their skills and innovative approach to sustainable sourcing, zero waste and efficient cooking methods. The students will be required to produce two dishes based on this theme using Knorr® Professional bouillon and two ingredients from the Knorr® Professional Future 50 Foods.
- The Gold, Silver and Bronze winners will be chosen by the judging panel under the supervision of an independent judge. The panel will evaluate the dishes based on creativity, practicality and effective use of Knorr® Professional products, as well as chefmanship, composition and presentation. The student that in the opinion of the panel creates the best dishes will win the Gold Prize. The second and third best will win the Silver and Bronze Prize. The judging panel is allocated by the Promoter and the Promoter holds the right of selecting overall winners. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of a competition the decision of the Promotor will be final.
- Incomplete or illegible entries or those not in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted.
- Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the winners and runners-up names, hometowns and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation and prize winners agree to take part in such related promotional activities as the Promotor may require.
- All entrants may be required to participate in publicity arising from this Competition. The winners may be filmed, photographed or interviewed by the Promotor or on our behalf. The winners grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute and make derivative works of such footage, photographs or testimonials in any media and through any media channel.
- As concerns UK residents, these terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues. As concerns Republic of Ireland residents, these terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Promoter: Unilever Food Solutions Ireland - 20 Riverwalk, National Digital Park, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24
Open to Northern Ireland and ROI bona fide second year students aged 18 + from participating catering colleges, training centres and institutes of technology. To enter Lecturer or Head of catering institute must submit the form on page 8 and 9 of the Booklet recommending one student via email or post. One entry per college. Entries must be submitted between 00:01 GMT on 29/01/2020 and 18:00 GMT on 25th February 2020. Entrants must attend final cooking competition at TU Dublin, Tallaght, D24FKT9 on 10th March 2020. There is one Gold prize for student with the best dishes and two runners up prizes. Gold prize is a culinary experience and a set of professional knives. Silver prize is a set of professional knives. Bronze prize is a set of starter knives.