Golden syrup flapjack
Create a classic British dessert with this easy flapjack recipe. Comfort food with desiccated coconut for an extra nutty finish.
Flora Buttery 2kg 250 g
Golden syrup 675 g
Caster sugar 250 g
Porridge oats 800 g
Dessicated Coconut 50 g
- Preheat an oven to 165ºC.
- Line a Gastronom tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt FLORA Buttery and golden syrup in a suitable pan over a low heat whilst gently stirring.
- Place sugar, oats and desiccated coconut in a large bowl, carefully pour the syrup mixture into the bowl.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour into the pre lined tray and press the mixture into the sides of the tray.
- Place in to the oven and bake for 20-25 min.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the tray.
- Cut into 20 bars or even portions and serve.