Blackberry and apple flapjack crumble
A great flapjack recipe for your school menu. Meeting the 50% Fruit target from the School Food Plan this flapjack crumble will add some extra fruits to your lunch menu.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line the baking tray with greaseproof paper.
For the crumble:
- Place the STORK, plain flour and caster sugar in a bowl and mix together until a fine breadcrumb texture is formed.
- Reserve until later.
For the flapjack:
- Melt the STORK and golden syrup together over a low heat until both have melted.
- Place the oats and caster sugar in a bowl and pout over the STORK and golden syrup mixture and combine with the oats.
- Place the mixture in the lined baking tray and spread evenly across the base.
- Bake for 10 min. then remove from the oven.
Blackberry and Apple compote:
- Roughly chop the apple pieces and place in a pan along with the blackberries on a low heat.
- Cook until the black berries start to breakdown.
- Remove from the heat allow to cool.
To assemble and cook:
- Take the part baked flapjack and put the blackberry and apple compote on top and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle over the crumble mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 12 min. or until the crumble top is golden brown.
- Cut the flapjack into 40g portions and serve.