Apple and plum crumble
A simple, tasty and gluten free dessert option full of flavour and texture. Try changing the fruit in the recipe to take advantage of the seasons!
For the crumble filling:
- Place the light brown sugar and FLORA Buttery into a large pan on a medium heat.
- When the sugar has dissolved, add the apples into the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the water and cook the apples for a further 5 minutes or until the apples start to soften.
- Add the tinned plums and cinnamon, cook for a further 5 minutes or until the plums start to break down.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the lemon juice. Set aside.
For the crumble topping:
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Place the flour, sugar and almonds into a bowl and mix well. Add the FLORA Buttery and rub into the flour mixture. Continue to do this until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Spoon the mixture on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir the crumble every five minutes so that it cooks evenly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Evenly spoon the apple and plum filling into a gastronome tray.
- Cover the apple and plum mixture with the toasted crumble.
- Bake in the oven for a further 10-12 minutes or until the filling is hot.
It is the operator’s responsibility to ensure that the end dish is gluten-free in accordance with the regulatory requirements and check all ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free. For further guidance please download our Gluten-Free Kitchen Guide.