|15||g||Knorr Professional Garlic Puree 750g|
|125||g||Flora Original 1kg|
|200||ml||Meadowland Double – the benefits of double cream without the disadvantages|
Trim the fillet of any excess gristle and fat, cut in thin strips 1x5cm (½x2inches). Chop the shallot
finely. Warm the serving plates.
1. Flavour the beef by mixing in the garlic paste
2. Heat the buttery over a high heat and when the the water content has evaporated add the beef and
allow to cook rapidly for a few seconds. Remove the beef from the pan and keep hot. The beef should
be brown but underdone.
3. Re heat the pan and remaining buttery, add the shallots, cover and cook until tender, drain off any
fat residue, add the white wine and reduce to one third. Add the cream and reduce by a quarter or until
a creamy sauce consistency is achieved.
4. Add the lemon juice and beef strips, do not reboil.
5. Serve centre of plate with a sprinkling of parsley.
Serve with KNORR Long Grain Rice. If the sauce needs additional seasoning consider adding a little
KNORR Bouillon Paste or Granules.
A small amount of demi glace can be added at stage 4. Beef rump or other similar meat cuts can make
an economical substitute. Mushrooms are an ideal vegetarian substitute.
Added salt is not recommended but if used keep to a minimum . If using oil use unsaturated (olive or
sunflower) and reduce the quantity used where possible. This helps to provide a nutritional balanced
Each Serving of Fillet of Beef Stroganoff contains
of an adults guideline daily amount