|4||pc||Duck breast, skinless|
|1||pc||Rocket large bunch|
|1||pc||Butternut Squash, peeled 2cm diced|
|4||pc||Shallots large, halved|
|200||g||Cured bacon, blanched & cubed|
|50||g||Fresh Sage, chopped|
|50||g||Fresh Thyme, chopped|
|1||pc||Juice of 1 orange|
|1||pc||Juice of 1 Lime|
|4||pc||Orange, juice & zest|
|300||ml||Knorr Concentrated Demi Glace 10.5L|
|100||ml||Vinegar, red wine|
For the Duck
1. Place the duck breasts skin side down on a cold heavy frying pan.
2. Cook on a high heat for about five minutes or until the skin is crisp.
3. Turn the breasts over and reduce the heat.
4. Cook for further three to five minutes for pink meat. Cook longer for medium or well done meat.
For the Glazed Butternut Squash
1. Place the butternut squash, shallots and bacon in a bowl and add the orange and lime juice, olive oil, honey, butter, sage and thyme.
2. Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
3. Toss all the ingredients together and spread on a roasting tray.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for about 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
For the Sauce
1. Heat the sugar and vinegar until it caramelises, forming a brown caramel.
2. Add the orange juice, star anise and Knorr Concentrated Demi-Glace and simmer for five minutes.
3. Strain and add the orange zest
1. Allow the duck breasts to rest.
2. Carve the breasts lengthways.
3. Spoon the squash onto serving plates, place the duck on top with the rocket leaves and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Garnish with star anise sauce.
Knorr Concentrated Demi-Glace