Set (and enforce) personal hygiene standards
Basic hygiene standards that every kitchen staff member should adhere to include:
- A clean uniform that should be only used in the kitchen
- Disposable gloves that are being changed regularly and handwashing at regular intervals
- Hair tied back if required
- Short, clean fingernails
- A clean bill of health
- Suppliers are working hard to avoid any disruption to food deliveries, but be sure to monitor the condition of goods when they come in.
- Check your sanitiser contact time when cleaning down, ensuring that your team knows as well.
- Check that all of your food safety policies and records are up to date.