If you or your team are struggling, there are organisations which have resources and support to help:
Their top priority is supporting Ireland’s tourism and hospitality businesses to survive, re-open and recover from the catastrophic impact of the COVID-19 crisis. They have developed a support hub with a range of free guides to help those in the tourism industry.
- Employee Wellbeing support
- A guide with tips for employers on staying connected with employees
- Employee Assistance Programme offering counselling & support: Call 1800 201346 and quote Fáilte Ireland when accessing the service to ensure the services are provided to you free of charge
- Operational guidelines
- A Covid-19 Safety Charter
- Information around Brexit
HSE have a dedicated support hub with advice on how to mind your mental health during this time and a mental health information line: 1800 111 888
The hub provides information on:
- Coping with difficult situations
- Information and advice for family & friends
- Looking after your mental health
- Information on common mental health issues
- Mental Health supports and services during COVID-19
- Getting urgent help - Free call Samaritans 116123 or Text YMH to 50808
Pieta supports those with suicidal ideation, those engaging in self-harm, and those bereaved by suicide by providing freely accessible, professional services to all. They also provide prevention programmes such as ‘Knowing the signs’ which details how to recognise suicide warning signs.
- Freephone 1800 247 247 to speak to a therapist if you are in crisis
- Text HELP to 51444 to text a therapist if you are in crisis
- Call 0818 111 126 to make an appointment with a therapist
Founded in 1966 on the recommendation of the Commission on Mental Illness. Today, it’s a leading provider of mental health promotion in the voluntary sector. They have a partnership with the Irish Farming Association.
- Offer mental health courses partnered with Irish universities
- General resource re: mental wellbeing e.g. ‘Five Ways to Wellbeing’
- Online training
- Signposting to mental health services in Ireland.