Jade Ainscough, representing Institute of Technology Tallaght, has been crowned the KNORR Student Chef of the Year 2018
The theme of the 2018 competition was a contemporary take on Traditional Pub Dishes, celebrating Ireland's first Michelin starred pub, Wild Honey Inn in County Clare. The students had to prepare, cook and present a vegetarian starter and a main course celebrating sustainable Irish seafood, while against the clock in Dundalk Institute of Technology.
Completing the top three were Glenn McCourt representing Dundalk Institute of Technology and Stephen Deasy, Limerick Institute of Technology.
Prize: As well as the KNORR Student Chef of the Year title, the winner has a unique Wild Atlantic Way tour and will dine in Galway’s Michelin starred restaurants, Anair and Loam. The tour concludes in County Clare with a visit to Wild Honey Inn, Ireland’s first Michelin starred pub in the heart of the Burren region, owned and run by prominent chef and competition judge, Aidan McGrath.
KNORR Student Chef of the Year 2018 finalists:
- Jade Ainscough, Institute of Technology Tallaght (1st place)
- Glenn McCourt, Dundalk Institute of Technology (2nd place)
- Stephen Deasy, Limerick Institute of Technology (3rd place)
- Karolina Malaczewska, Athlone Institute of Technology
- Rourke Griffin, Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Kerys McCreesh, Southern Regional College
- Hanna Mathe, Waterford Institute of Technology