|150||ml||HELLMANN'S Caesar Dressing|
Prepare the asparagus by removing bottom 1/4 and peeling the next 1/4. Preheat deep fat fryer to
180ºC. Place a large pan of boiling water on to boil with a slice or squeeze of lemon to acidulate.
1. Place the prepared asparagus into the boiling water and cook to al dente. Remove and place into
iced water remove from water and dry.
2. Decant the dressing in to a squeeze bottle ready for service. refrigerate until required for use.
3. Lay out the filo pastry and wrap around the spears of asparagus leaving the tip exposed.
4. Holding the asparagus by the tip with a pair of tongs place the filo into the hot oil and hold there
until the filo is golden. Do not submerge the tip.
5. Serve by placing 5 spears centre of plate and drizzle dressing over the top garnish with a deep fried
sprig of parsley.
This can be served on a buffet by laying the spears on a suitable plate and drizzle over the dressing
garnish with some chopped chives.
Frozen out of season asparagus could be used as an alternative.
Added salt is not recommended but if used keep to a minimum . If using oil use unsaturated (olive or
sunflower) and reduce the quantity used where possible. This helps to provide a nutritional balanced
Each Serving of Asparagus in Crisp Filo Pastry contains
of an adult woman guideline daily amounts